Retail Key Holder
The Retail Sales Keyholder reports to the Store Manager at the present store. This may include multiple managers if working in multiple locations.
The Retail Sales Keyholders are responsible for tasks related to opening and/or closing the store. Other duties reflect their heightened responsibility, resourcefulness, and leadership. The Retail Sales Keyholder also performs the duties of the Retail Sales Assistants.
Works in a sales position that regularly interacts with customers and packages products. Keeps our stores clean and presentable. They cultivate a friendly atmosphere, representing our business to customers and contributing to the company sales goals of Wilbur’s of Maine Chocolate Confections.
Retail Sales Keyholders are expected to provide retail sales coverage during store hours, especially on weekends, busy times, opening, and closing. All Retail Sales Keyholders are expected to work cash registers.
Perform sales assistant duties, including answering customer questions about products, offering suggestions, and restocking. Maintaining overall cleanliness of sales areas. Accepting various forms of payment and giving correct change.
This is regularly a part-time position. Sometimes minimal hours are available depending on business demand. Seasonally and on holidays, retail employees are expected to work more hours. Overtime hours are only considered approved if advanced written approval from the Retail Manager is obtained.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Opening or Closing store procedures.
- Dropping off Night Deposits at the Bank after the store closes, depending on location.
- Monitoring Retail Assistants on customer service, product care, knowledge, sanitation, and cleanliness.
- Being proactive in identifying and completing retail tasks without prompting.
- Restocking, cleaning, troubleshooting, engaging with customers, developing efficiencies, and improving workflow.
- Implementing projects that they develop through coordination with the Retail Managers, Coordinators, or others.
- They also perform the duties of the retail sales assistants, including:
- Provide excellent customer service, including welcoming and friendly service.
- Providing knowledgeable and enthusiastic product information.
- Delivering sales strategies that support Wilbur’s of Maine’s sales goals.
- Weighing and ringing up confections
- Packaging and wrapping confections.
- Be able to assemble a beautiful, balanced box of chocolate products for customers.
- Constantly monitoring the quality of the product.
- Operating a point of sale system, processing payment, and maintaining a balanced cash drawer.
- Restocking the chocolate case and products on the sales floor
- Restocking retail supplies.
- Assisting with cleaning and sanitizing which includes:
- Sweeping, cleaning, sanitizing, dusting, emptying garbage, sorting recyclables, and other duties. Follow all health and safety expectations.
- Cross-train for age-appropriate Factory work as time allows and needs dictate.
- Communicates well and proactively with the store manager, retail sales assistants, and others to maintain a positive, efficient, and safe work environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Has references that reflect the responsibilities of a key holder
- Retail experience
- Trustworthiness with money handling and working independently in the store
- Has reliable transportation to be able to open or close the store on time
- Has a reputation for giving great service to customers
- Being helpful with a positive attitude toward co-workers in a fast-paced environment
- Can dependably work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Can handle multiple tasks at one time, great at prioritizing, and works efficiently
- Communicates professionally in person and on the phone
- Exhibits strong organizational and basic math skills, minimum 9th-grade reading level
- Maintains a professional appearance, odor-free
- Be able to retain routines
- Work independently with the aptitude to learn quickly about company products
- Follow procedures.
- Be able to perform tasks quickly and thoroughly
- Be able to transition easily and quickly between tasks.
- Must be able to stand for several hours while performing lifting, bending, and reaching.
- Regularly must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Must be able to use the stairs while carrying objects.
- Operate a computer terminal/cash register with ease.
- Speak and hear with ease of communication.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is moderate. Sometimes slightly colder, the temperature in the work environment is between 60-70 degrees. The pace of this job varies by season. It can be very fast-paced at times. Chocolate sampling is encouraged.Apply Online Download Application Download Listing