Enrobing Room Chocolatier Level 2
Production Supervisor (Interim A. Wilbur)
This is a full or part-time position. Sometimes limited hours are available depending on business demand. Seasonally and on holidays, employees are expected to work additional hours. Overtime hours are only considered approved if advanced written approval from the production supervisor is obtained.
An Enrobing Room Chocolatier Level 2 worker is responsible for working in the production area of the factory to craft chocolate products. Usually, with some shared duties between chocolate production (40%) and packaging (60%). To be successful in this position, an individual must have experience working with chocolate extensively and high attention to detail.
Be able to work on a production line with speed and accuracy. This chocolatier should be able to maintain production standards. Work towards improving productivity without compromising quality. This chocolatier has excellent knowledge of product specs and the quality expectations of the client.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Follow all health and safety guidelines
- Switch on equipment at the start of shifts and switch off at the end of shifts
- Independently set up, operate, and maintain machinery and production line equipment, specifically enrobing machine, painting, mold, or dipping stations
- Independently tear-down and sanitize stations
- Monitor the assembly line and remove faulty products
- Evaluate the quality of end product adhering to quality standards
- Ensure workspace and floors are clean and neat, including equipment sanitation
- Work on the production line
- Follow production schedule meeting production targets with limited roll-over
- Pull and return products to proper storage areas with 100% accuracy
- Monitor and keep records of inventory
- Report any issues to the supervisor on duty
- Perform other tasks as assigned
- High School Diploma/GED
- Experience in manufacturing or factory work is beneficial
- Experience operating manufacturing machinery
- Experience as a candy maker
- Be able to craft most of the following independently:
- Fudge, Maine Mud, Chocolate Bark, Molds, Creams, Patties, and Meltaways
- Cut melt-a-ways to specs
- Correctly temper chocolate using equipment and the cool-test methods
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Can accept coaching and feedback from supervisors and others
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Job-related math, literacy, and computer technology skills
- Attention to detail and physical dexterity
- Available for shift work and weekends as needed
To successfully perform the essential functions of this job, you need to be able to stand for extended
periods of time. Have physical dexterity as there is extensive repetitive movement.
Be able to lift up to 50 lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
The work environment is fast-paced and requires speed with accuracy. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud. Not warmer than 65 degrees, the temperature in the work environment is cool. The pace of this job is rapid.Apply Online Download Application Download Listing