Reduced Rate or Flat Rate Shipping
Reduced or Flat Rate Shipping promotions do not apply to wholesale, corporate, or special orders. Offers not valid on previous purchases and are subject to end, without notice, at any time.
Warm Weather Shipping
Please note that Wilbur’s of Maine Chocolate Confections is not responsible for melting or other damage caused by heat exposure during shipping.
Protect Your Order from the Heat
If it’s hot out (above 70°F) and your order contains chocolate, caramel, or marshmallow, you need to purchase either a Cold Pack or Cooler Box to prevent candy soup and improve the chances your order arrives in great shape.
Option 1: Cold Pack
A cold pack works best for orders being sent to destinations that are 70-75° F.
Option 2: Cooler Box/Cold Pack Combo
This option works best for orders being sent to destinations 75° F or above. As a general rule, Wilbur’s of Maine does not recommend shipping CHOCOLATE to destinations above 85°F. Please choose another product instead!
What else do WE do to protect your sweets?
We hold your order in our temperature-controlled warehouse to avoid additional transit time over the weekend. Packages leave our building Monday-Thursday only. If you need a delivery by a specific date, please add a note at checkout or call us at 207.865.4071. We can ensure your order arrives in time.
What else can YOU do to protect your sweets?
- Be home for delivery! Most damage is caused by warm weather when your package sits on your porch or in your mailbox.
- Choose a delivery address where someone can accept the package, so it does not sit outside in the heat.
- If the package feels warm, open immediately to expose your sweets to cooler indoor air.
- If chocolate has softened at all, GIVE IT A CHANCE TO FIRM UP before handling it.
Local Pick-Up Option: To meet the demands of these unprecedented times, we now offer “local pick-up” as an option when ordering online.
- You must pay via credit card at the time of placing your order online as you would if you had the product shipped.
- There is not a cash or check option for local pick-up when ordering online.
- You are unable to select your desired pick-up date/time.
- You MUST select your pick-up location by entering “Freeport” or “Brunswick” in the specified field when checking out.
- You will be notified via email that your order is “completed.” Meaning it is packed and ready for pick up.
- You may then pick it up during business hours at the location you selected upon check out.
Your local pick-up options are:
- Freeport Factory, 174 Lower Main St. Freeport, ME 04032
- Brunswick Store, 143 Maine St. Brunswick, ME 04011
Local pick-up orders ARE NOT SAME DAY, necessarily. It may take a day or two to process your local pick-up order based on business flow and staffing.
We are here to help!
Shipping: We ship via USPS. Packages leave our building Monday-Thursday only. Orders placed after the mail goes out on Thursday through Sunday ship on Monday or when the product is ready.
To protect the integrity and quality of our fine chocolates, we DO NOT ship chocolate when the outside temperature is over 70 degrees unless cold packs or a cooler box have been purchased.
We have a tiered shipping structure that is as follows:
|Cost of Purchase||Shipping & Handling Fee|
|$75.01+||Add $1 for every additional $10 spent above $75.|
Customer Privacy: We highly protect our customer’s private information and will not distribute it to any third party.
Returns: We accept returns on all products that the customer feels do not meet our high standards. We must receive notice within 24 hours of delivery!
Sales Tax: We charge a 5.5% sales tax on packages delivered to a Maine residence or business.
Security Policy: All information submitted via the shopping cart is encrypted and secure.