Cleaning Team Member
Cleaning Team Member reports to the Operations Manager. (Interim A. Wilbur, owner)
A Cleaning Team Member performs a variety of cleaning tasks to keep the buildings, equipment, supplies, and grounds pristine. This position should have the utmost commitment to cleanliness and sanitation.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performing daily tasks including washing dishes and production supplies. Cleaning and sanitizing workspaces and equipment. Returning supplies to work areas and following plans for keeping these materials organized.
- General cleaning of the building and keeping it maintained and in good condition, including:
- Vacuuming, sweeping, and mopping floors.
- Washing windows and walls, other areas as needed.
- Cleaning and stocking restrooms.
- Collecting and disposing of trash.
- Organizing materials for recycling.
- Maintaining the cleanliness and safety of outside spaces such as parking lots, grounds, and sidewalks.
- Working with the groundskeeping team to upkeep lawns.
- Keep sidewalks cleared and safe seasonally.
- Clean up spills with appropriate equipment.
- Keep cleaning supplies in stock.
- Communicate items to be ordered to appropriate staff.
- Ensure doors are locked or unlocked appropriately.
- Notify the maintenance team or managers of needed repairs.
- Performing periodic deep-cleaning of equipment and facilities.
- Complete tasks in a timely manner with minimal supervision.
- Following applicable safety guidelines and procedures.
- Following paperwork expectations with recordkeeping, etc.
- Performing other duties as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification preferred.
- Ability to work with cleaning-related equipment.
- Detail-orientated with an aptitude for problem-solving.
- Ability to commit to work responsibilities on a daily basis.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to manage your time efficiently.
- Work efficiently and with accuracy when supervisors are not present.
- This job requires physical strength and endurance to work efficiently.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, sit, walk, reach with arms and hands, talk, and hear.
- They regularly lift and/or move objects 10-50 lbs.
- Occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 100 lbs. with mechanical or other assistance.
- They may occasionally be required to climb and balance.
- Must be able to stand for several hours while performing lifting, bending, and reaching.
- Must be able to lift 35-50 lbs. occasionally, raising and lowering above the head and to/from work area and floor.
- Speak and hear with ease of communication.
The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud. Hearing protection is required when the noise level is loud. The passage of employees through the work area is frequent. Must be able to focus on work regardless of distractions. The employee needs to be able to work in enclosed and restricted spaces.
The pace of this position is dependent on safety, with a sense of urgency and self-motivation. Due to the open environment of the warehouse and grounds, you must be able to work in various weather and temperature conditions to include extreme heat, humidity, and cold. Chocolate sampling is encouraged.
This position can be full or part-time. The primary duties of this position occur between 12-5 PM, M-F (part-time). Additional responsibilities can be assigned if the applicant is seeking full-time employment, with cleaning and maintenance projects and work in packaging or other areas, 8:30 AM – 5 PM M-F.Apply Online Download Application Download Listing